A couple of weeks ago I taught a Makeup Class at Industry Makeup Academy – Indian Bridal Makeup. I love working with my Southeast Asian Brides and I gave our students some tips for them to break into this market and turn out some fabulous makeup. Check it out!
Here is a shot of my beautiful model Anita.
Some quick tips on Indian Bridal Makeup
- Ask lots of questions and do you research. Does your bride prefer modern or traditional makeup? What are some of the cultural aspects she wants to incorporate into her wedding? Never assume and always be culturally sensitive.
- During your bridal trial, we prepared to try out multiple makeup looks for each ceremony
- It’s okay to match makeup to their clothing and have fun with color!
- Use clear eyelash glue to secure jewels and jewelry to the skin so it lasts all day
- Don’t be afraid to do bold makeup – eyeliner, brows, lips, eyeshadows – just make sure the final look is executed neatly and balanced.
Check out the before and after!
We offered this course to IMA alumni at a special discounted rate. They were able to also recreate looks on their Southeast Asian models which I’ll share in another post. If you’re interested in signing up for our Makeup Artist Pro Certification Course to gain your certification and have access to master classes like these, sign up at www.imaatl.com and use coupon code REN16 for a discount off registration.